Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Decisions, Decisions....

The first thing I did was to thread my machine, top and bottom, with the gold rayon thread. I lowered the top tension to 3.25, my normal preferred tension for rayon on the Bernina machine that I am using.


I completed all of the feathers marked within the star and then stitched in the ditch around the outline of the star.



LOVE this stitching -- had to show you a closer view; you can still see quite a bit of the purple marker, but it will disappear by the end of the day.



Using the gold rayon on the back of the quilt makes the feathers really stand out...


I decided to stitch straight lines in a blue lighter than the fabric so that it would show up well. I will probably use the same thread for the feathers in the border. Sulky rayon, #1198 Dusty Navy is threaded in the top of the machine. I kept my tension set on 3.25 for this thread.



A Mettler Silk Finish 100% cotton thread is in the bobbin, color #885. It is a medium navy thread with a teal cast to it.



Now it's time to make the big decision -- this feather for the border?



Or this one?

I'll let you know what I decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...