Saturday, March 20, 2010

Smoke on the Water, continued...


Got all the "fire" part of "Smoke on the Water" done, but definitely need some water in the blue areas. As an aside, I wonder how Alex feels about my naming the quilt for her!


Close-up of the flames.....



This sashiko stencil from The Stencil Company (#SCL-030-12) will work perfectly for the water, now I just have to choose my threads.


On the left are the two variegated threads from Superior Threads that will work well in the top of the machine -- for the darker areas, King Tut #935, a blend of turquoise/purple/green/blue; and Rainbows #815, a trilobal polyester in shades of blues and greens. The thread on the right is a Mettler Silk Finish 100% cotton thread in #563, a vivid blue that I have seen recently called Aegean.

Now to the machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...