Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Very Batty Wednesday!


My friend Dawna (co-owner of my local quilt shop, Bolts in the Bathtub) dropped off this very cool doormat Tuesday night and invited me to come over Wednesday to collect still more bat booty and see her latest project....so now I have a bat mat!


When I showed up at her house for coffee yesterday morning, there was a Happy Halloween bag that has several colors of little battery-operated lights. Dawna said she couldn't get it to light, but when I got it home, it lit up all over! There was also purple bat fabric inside the bag -- this is fun!


Then a light up bat sign that I'm going to put in the back yard where I can see it!



And my Longaberger baskets were in! Dawna is also my Longaberger rep, so it's always a treat to get new baskets. Dawna "dresses" the baskets for me -- puts the liners, protectors and all that in the basket, so that all I have to do is take them home and admire them. Couldn't resist the TREATS basket with the candy corn and polka dot fabric liner...


I also buy the Horizon of Hope basket every year; this is the pink and white basket that Longaberger does for Breast Cancer Awareness. A portion of every Horizon of Hope purchase is donated to the Susan G. Komen Fund. This is Dawna holding my basket after she has gotten it all dressed up and ready to go home with me.


Dawna recently took a workshop with Sylvia Einstein teaching curved piecing. Above are the 16 blocks that she finished. She showed me the border fabric that she has chosen and I think the finished quilt is going to be stunning!

A great way to spend early Wednesday morning -- having coffee with my bestie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...