Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Alex Anderson Quilt Retreats 2010 -- Session I Show & Tell (Part 1)

One of the events that Alex and I most look forward to at the retreats each year is Show & Tell, where we get to see the quilts that the retreaters have been working on in the past year. Some of them bring completed quilts that they had started during prior retreats and some are brand new to us. I'm especially lucky because I get to help hold the quilts so I get that up close and personal look at each one.....


Dawna loves to make basket quilts; I've probably quilted a dozen or so for her over the years. Dawna owns my local quilt store, Bolts in the Bathtub, and is one of my closest friends. This is a quilt she is giving away to a friend of hers.


If I heard this right, Barbara is the Quilts of Valor lady for southern California.











She showed two of the quilts that will be going to wounded soldiers.




Carol Anderson and her tree skirt -- that's so gorgeous! I don't think I could cut the middle out of that to put it under a tree and I think she said that she wasn't cutting it out, either....up close, the piecing was just amazing on this!


Judith shows quilts she made this year....


















Carol Shaw shows off her double wedding ring -- with a sawtooth border and applique! It was quilted beautifully, too.....


Deb Stevens with her pink flower quilt -- my hands were holding the other side of this quilt and I almost didn't let go!


This is a quilt that Holly Weisberger made for her daughter -- lucky girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...