Monday, March 28, 2011

Cool Things My Friends Are Doing!

First of all, I want to apologize for my absence from the blog. I've been going through extensive dental work for the last two months, involving multiple extractions and implant preparations. While I have been drugged and happy, my productivity has totally sucked!


The good side of the equation, however, is that living on liquids and semi-solids has brought my weight down to what I consider my ideal, 128; the bad news is that I am really sick of yogurt, pudding, cottage cheese and soup, which seem to be the only things I can eat without pain. If anybody has any good food ideas, please share!


One of the things I did a couple of weeks ago was get together, for a second time, with my old quilting friends from the Santa Clarita guild. We met at Paula Fleischer's house, since she is just perfectly located for the rest of us, who are sort of spread out between Simi Valley, Burbank and Palmdale. Attending were Vicki Tymczyszyn (Vicki T), Paula Fleischer, Sam Hunter, me, and another member of the Santa Clarita guild, Adva Price, who has been invited to join us at these dinners from now on. If you missed our first dinner meeting, click here.


Of course, we had to have Show & Share:





















One of the quilts that Vicki T. did this month -- love this pattern!


This was a challenge that Vicki participated in; all of the fabrics except the background were provided and she could add one additional fabric to the mix. We were trying to decide if these circles all looked like olives or ?


Sam brought a quilt all layered and ready to quilt....











...closeup of the cool little squares in the borders.





Another thing that Sam has been doing is making these beautiful hooded coats. The fabrics are sumptuous and she collects them everywhere before putting the coats together.


This red one fit me perfectly, but mine really needs to be purple, don't you think? She promised to look for purple fabric to make me one.















I think Sam plans to put these up for sale on a site like Etsy, so keep your eyes open if you want one. They are gorgeous and the pictures really don't do them justice!

Our group is going to meet again on May 1st -- maybe I'll even have something done by then to show!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paula,
    I've thought about you and all that dental work you are having done. Hope you're healing quickly. Another option for meals is protein shakes (I make mine with 1 cup Chocolate Almond Milk, a 1/2 banana, 2 tsp instant Columbian coffee, 1 scoop EAS Chocolate Protein Powder, and cinnamon to taste). Another option is Vanilla Milk and Vanilla EAS Protein Powder with fruit like strawberries and Stevia to sweeten (optional). Or look for protein shake recipes on the web to lower the carbs.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The coats and quilts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...