Thursday, June 16, 2011

Neil's Quilt!

This post should probably be titled "My Friend Paula Fleischer's Quilts (Part 2)", but since it is comprised of photos of the quilt that she made for her husband Neil to celebrate their 25th anniversary, I'm going to call it what Paula calls it --"Neil's Quilt!"

Squares within squares of various sizes and exuberant colors frame Paula's hand embroidery....here I am defining "exuberant" as joyous and unrestrained...

























When I look at Paula's work, I always wistfully think of times past when I actually had the time (and inclination) to sit and do a little handwork. It seems like once I discovered the sewing machine, life in the slow lane was over! Little known fact: When I was in my 20s, I taught crewel embroidery, needlepoint and counted cross stitch, so I do know how to do this. What distinguishes Paula's embellishment, though, is the imagination and creativity that she brings to her quilts.



What a wonderful tribute to such a happy occasion!




And here's the back, also pieced in the same style of squares within squares....

Neil must have loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...