Monday, March 19, 2012

Teri Asked "What's for Dinner?"


On facebook today, my friend Teri Lucas told us what she was having for dinner -- chicken -- and asked what we all were doing. Since I've done so much traveling lately, this is the first meal I've cooked this month, so I thought I'd give a little more detail:


Asparagus has to be my favorite produce item -- except for strawberries! which aren't quite in season here yet. Right now asparagus is plentiful, cheap and yummy. I put the salmon on one baking sheet, the asparagus on another, drizzled them with olive oil and liberally sprinkled Trader Joe's "Everyday Seasoning" over it all. Then into a 475 degree oven for 11 minutes.

Meanwhile, I had some leftover "Quinoa and Red Rice Stuffing" made from a Williams-Sonoma mix that I heated up in the microwave for a few minutes. Made nice texture and some additional color on the plate. The Valencia CA Williams-Sonoma had boxes of this mix on clearance after the holidays and I bought one to try. Now, of course, I wish I had bought more!


Dan uncorked a bottle of chardonnay and we were good to go!




Here's a picture of the bottle in front of the beautiful flowers that were waiting for me after I got home from my 11 day trip to Texas. I taught for two days at Creative Sewing Center in San Antonio, three days at Sew Contempo in Houston and then did a lecture and a workshop for the Rio Grande Valley Quilters in Weslaco TX. Of course, fabric and great ideas followed me home! I'll be back in San Antonio teaching three days at Creative Sewing Center in September.

The flowers are from Antelope Valley Florist in Lancaster CA -- they do such beautiful arrangements and they last a long time.....


Closeup of the bottle: It's a wine we purchased from Mayo Family Winery on a trip to Sonoma CA a few years ago. We attended a food/wine pairing at the winery tasting room. The food and wine worked wonderfully together and they were very gracious in sharing the recipes. We were wine club members for a couple of years after that.


This is probably a whole lot more than you wanted to know, Teri!


Oh, and for dessert, I had 6 Thin Mint cookies -- can't believe we only bought four boxes this year! Guess Girl Scouts don't set up their booths in front of Trader Joe's stores....


2 comments:

  1. It may be a whole lot more than I asked but darn isn't it delish! Must admit I'm looking for a good American Chardonnay, most I've tried have a frou frou water taste to them.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely yummy! And flowers and wine! Better and better! Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...