Friday, October 17, 2014

BERNINA Sewing & Design




I love, love, love this shop! I think this is the fifth time I have taught here and every time I start shopping and end up with a box to follow me home with all kinds of good stuff! Feasting my eyes on all the samples and color while shopping is an extra added bonus.

Of course, the Halloween block of the month quilt on the classroom wall immediately caught my eye. As I'm teaching my Fluff & Stuff class, my mind keeps straying to this quilt and how I might quilt it.





The owner of BERNINA Sewing & Design, Marsha Cowan, said to me that if she had a bigger store she would carry more thread....????? Look at all the thread she has in THIS one!





It's fun to look at all the samples on the walls. Larger quilts are displayed in the classroom, but above the fixtures are a lot of smaller, quick projects. Perfect when you need a gift right away or if you feel like starting something new that you'll actually finish! LOL....ummm, that probably means that I have a lot of UFO's. Maybe I'm revealing too much personal information here!

Yesterday was Day 1 of Fluff & Stuff, today is Day 2. I have 9 students in my class spanning varying levels of machine quilting experience from beginner who has never quilted to people who have done a lot of straight stitch quilting and a bit of free motion. They had good questions and they all did great work yesterday -- looking forward to today!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Las Cruces NM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...