Thursday, October 30, 2014

Quilt Festival 2014

Last night was the first chance I had to see the quilts -- this is a milestone anniversary for this event and they did it up right!






The highlight for me was getting to see, in person, the entire red and white quilt exhibit. I've seen pictures in magazines and blogs, but it's just not the same....





Another quilt I especially enjoyed is "Wright Iron Roses" by Jaynette Huff. That was the entire description, so I can't tell you any more about it other than how beautiful it is!







"Five Bar Blues" by Diane Loomis of Sudbury MA was inspired by the traditional Amish quilt pattern. The quilting knocked my socks off!





Another example of awesome machine quilting, "Solar Flares" by Judy Madsen of St. George UT. Judy said her design idea came from Libby Lehman's Ohio Star block.



I was able to take a stroll (it was so crowded last night, "stroll" is probably moving faster than I was really going) though part of the vendor mall. This quilt was displayed on the outside of one of the booths; the booth itself was so crowded I didn't get close enough to see the name of the vendor. I was very impressed with the quilting and how the quilter sectioned out and stitched parts of the quilt background as units. Very effective! I'll try to get back there over the next couple of days, remembering approximately what row it was in, and get the name of the booth where this was displayed.

Today classes and Festival are in full swing; I'm up in the Brother Sewing Lounge helping people with their projects. Room 361D if you want to come for a visit!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Houston TX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...