Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sometimes We're Just Ready for Something New

My friend Dawna Harrison and her sister Fay Harrison-Bergier own Bolts in the Bathtub, our local quilt store and BERNINA dealer. Among other cool things they do at the shop, Dawna hosts a bi-monthly Strip Club meeting where she teaches techniques using patterns from Cozy Quilt Designs.


This the quilt that Dawna featured in September; I bought the pattern and then borrowed the quilt so that I could figure out color placement. Dawna always changes up the patterns a LOT, so relying totally on the pattern wouldn't have worked for me.


The pattern is called "Star of the Show" and these are the fabrics I'm planning to use.


These are the fabrics I'm planning to use for the star points and background -- I'm going to start cutting them out and see how far I get. Dawna says I need 84 of them.....

2 comments:

  1. Love the quilt, it will look great in red! Too funny, your wall color is almost the same as mine...and I have the same open staircase and loft and railings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got the whole Tuscan thing going on -- golds, greens, purples, a little blue, with a grape border at the top of several of the rooms. We're into wine, so the grape thing and Tuscan colors were a natural!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...