Friday, February 6, 2015

My Hero -- Color Catchers!




This is one of the very coolest products I've ever used and now it comes in a really big box. One of these dye trapping sheets goes in the washer with every single load of laundry in my house -- lights or darks, quilts or underwear -- doesn't matter, they all get a Color Catcher.

I talk about this in my machine quilting class, explaining that after I'm done with the quilting and binding I get a finished quilt into the washer to remove the markings I've put in as well as any grime the quilt has picked up during the construction process. Whether you prewash your fabric or not (I'm a NOT), the Color Catcher will attract any "loose" dye molecules that have come out of your quilt fabrics. That way, your reds aren't running into your whites, for example.

I tell people that if they have kids in college to definitely send them boxes of Color Catchers because kids don't sort! Husbands don't sort! My husband is colorblind and very seriously informed me that when he does the laundry (I travel a lot, so he does more than his share, believe me!) he sorts by WEIGHT! These sheets are worth their weight in gold! You can find them in the laundry department of Target, grocery stores -- anywhere you can buy detergent.

These are single use sheets and sometimes are quite pretty when you take them out of the washer. I'll have to hobble down to the sewing room and see if I can find some pretty ones and also what I have done with some of them after use.

Good news -- no surgery on broken toe! Have to go back in a week for another checkup, but so far, so good!

--Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Palmdale CA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...