Monday, July 27, 2015

What I'm Working on This Week



I was in Bolts in the Bathtub a couple of months ago and Dawna Harrison, one of the co-owners, had made a quilt using a jelly roll of various browns and beiges and a beautiful aqua-seafoamy color background.  I found the above pattern from Daniela Stout's Strip Club series and bought the fabric.


Daniela's Strip Tube Ruler is what makes it easy to make half square triangles from strip sets.  It's pretty ingenious!


So I sewed a bunch of strips together and made four patches, then sewed more strips together to set up the cutting for the half square triangles.


So this is the finished block -- had to make 48 of them for the long throw size.  Another cool thing about Daniela's patterns -- you get instructions for several sizes (from throw to king, in this instance) so if you wanted to make it again in a different size you would have all of the fabric quantities, cutting directions, diagrams and all the math done for you already!


Stack of 48 ready to be laid out on my bedroom floor -- flattest, biggest place with the most light!


And here's my layout... I hope to get all the blocks sewn together today and the borders put on tomorrow?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...