Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve -- Must Be Time to Change the Dining Room Table Decor




With my company name being Batts in the Attic, one might suppose that I have a particular fondness for Halloween! Decorated this table in mid-September and with all my teaching travel in the fall didn't get around to updating it.

Since we have people coming for dinner tonight, might be time for a change?


This a fun 12 Days of Christmas set that I got at Williams Sonoma a couple of years ago. We'll have a total of 6 people tonight, so will use the first half for appetizers and the second half for dessert.




We serve appetizers and desserts on our great big kitchen island. I bought a veggie tray, some dips and a couple of appetizers to be served hot from Trader Joes -- bacon wrapped scallops (Yum!) and cranberry camembert filo dough things.


For dessert, we are making an apple pie this morning and I'm setting out some holiday mini-cheesecakes. If somebody doesn't want sweets, there's a nice big bowl of fruit. Although the apple pie that Dan and I make is absolutely to die for!


I've had the "Ribbon Holly" china from Mikasa for over 20 years and it goes perfectly with the napkins that Dawna Harrison made for me a long time ago.


Longaberger baskets, candles -- think I'm done except for the wine glasses. Dan does those

Now off to the kitchen to bake a loaf of yummy sourdough bread and that apple pie!

Merry Christmas to all and hope your Christmas Eve is as much fun as mine will be! It's a tradition to have Dan's family over for Christmas Eve -- probably because we are the only ones in the family who own Christmas dishes!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Palmdale CA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...