Friday, March 25, 2016

Perfect for a Weeknight -- Super Simple No-Recipe Shrimp Supper!

Several of my friends have commented that almost every meal I photograph is chicken! That's true, we eat a lot of chicken, but sometimes you just want something different. I make my share of chili and spaghetti sauce and crockpot fare, but once in a while you not only want something different, you need it to be fast! This only took 20 minutes start to finish, but I had two shortcuts: leftover cooked, but unsauced, spaghetti and shrimp that I had put in the refrigerator to thaw this morning.


Basic ingredients are spaghetti, defrosted large shrimp (this is one pound, half of a 2-lb bag of tails-on raw large shrimp from Costco), Chesapeake Bay Seasoning from Penzey's (you could also use Old Bay Seasoning from your grocery store), butter, olive oil and a jar of Classico's Four Cheese Alfredo Sauce.


I removed the tails, spread them out on the cookie sheet and sprinkled them with the Chesapeake Bay seasoning.


Once the shrimp start cooking, this moves pretty fast, so I wanted to get a head start on the salad before the shrimp went on. I used half a bag of romaine salad and half a bag of baby spring mix, green onions, little tomatoes and an avocado, all from Trader Joe's. The dressing is Girard's Light Champagne -- yum!


My favorite salad making knives from Pampered Chef -- the serrated one is perfect for tomatoes!


Once the salad things are chopped up, I can go back to the shrimp.


Heat a couple of tablespoons, more or less, of olive oil and toss a couple of tablespoons of butter in to melt.


Sauté for just a few minutes until they start to turn pink....



...then add the sauce. Once it heats up and bubbles a bit, the shrimp will be done.


Add the dressing to the salad, toss and serve.


The spaghetti was reheated in the microwave and topped with the shrimp Alfredo -- 20 minutes and dinner is ready! WAY faster than chicken!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...