Friday, March 31, 2017

Going Through the Cruise Pics


While we were on the quilting cruise last month, one of our stops was Belize. I was going through the pictures with some friends a couple of days ago and realized that I hadn't yet posted them. Wendy, Millie and I all got off the ship and took one of the tours that explored the Mayan ruins.


The pic above is our whole group following our guide around. I was surprised there weren't barriers, or at least ropes, to keep the tourists from climbing all over everything. Instead, there are stairs (albeit steep ones) to help us get up to the top of some of the ruins so that we could see better than at ground level. Here are a few of the pictures I took; some of them were taken from the top of one of the pyramids after climbing some scary stairs!




 

All in all, the experience of exploring the ruins of such a long lived, as well as long gone, society as the Mayans was rewarding and I'm really glad that we were able to put life on hold for a bit and see this.

So if anyone says to you, "Let's go on a quilting cruise" -- say Yes!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...