Friday, June 30, 2017

Back to the Wishing Tree Quilt

Yesterday I spent most of the day running errands and enjoying lunch with a friend, so got to the machine after dinner. 


Finished the back of the Pacific quilt -- yay!



Started a pretty easy quilt called Weekend Candy that I purchased as a kit this month from Culcita. The fabric is from Cotton & Steel; it's the Sleep Tight collection by Sarah Watts. It's essentially a modified log cabin that keeps building out from the upper left to finish at 51"x60".


I've cut five of the 11 fabrics, using Alphabitties to keep track of the pieces. I'm cutting each color as I go, so if a fabric shows up in several places, I cut it to size and mark it with the correct letter. The pattern instructions refer to each piece by letter, so this is easy!


I got pieces A through F cut and sewn last night and have everything cut through K; the pieces end at V so I have a ways to go. There are 11 fabrics for the top.

The kit includes the pattern, all the fabrics for the top, backing and binding. I managed to catch a sale, so it was a really good deal. I first heard of Culcita through Kitchen Table Quilting, one of the blogs in my Bloglovin feed. Erica shows the monthly unboxing of her Culcita subscription and then, a couple of weeks later, shows the quilt she made with it.


She made this quilt with Cotton & Steel's Wonderland collection; I bought the fat quarter collection and the pattern so I can make it.

Culcita has a monthly subscription for fat quarters and half yards. There is also a quarterly subscription for kits and pretty good prices on "one off boxes". It's worth a trip to the website, culcita.com. I'm not affiliated with them and do not receive any compensation if you buy from them. I'm just a mega happy buyer!

So today, leaves on the Wishing Tree quilt. If there is time left over at the end of the day, back to the Weekend Candy project -- those little hedgehogs are SO cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...