Thursday, July 13, 2017

Got a Little Bit More Done

Had a pretty busy day yesterday, so didn't get a ton of sewing done. Did a little more background stitching on the panel and then ditch stitched the first narrow border and added a curvy little design:


Then ditched the next border and started on the triangles:


I think the triangles should be done first and then, based on what I decide to quilt in them, I can return to the second border. Lots to do on this still!

Today I'm waiting on pins and needles -- the cabinet for my new BERNINA Q-20 is being delivered this afternoon and the actual machine will be here Saturday! I've been demonstrating on these machines for BERNINA dealers ever since they came out a couple of years ago. Having also sewn on a number of other sit down longarms, I think BERNINA really nailed it. I'm very excited to get this into my sewing room.


We took this cabinet out of my sewing room last month to make room for the new machine. We're using it now for storage in the garage.


...and now I have this big empty wall....just waiting!

Have you tried a sit down? Bought one? Which? Why? Love to swap experiences!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I took your class in Jackson TN a few years ago. Love the free motion and use your batts all the time. I have a question -- when you ditch stitch do you do that as free motion or do you have the feed dogs up? Just wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I used to do ditch stitching using a walking foot with the feed dogs up, but for the last couple of years I've been dropping the feed dogs, putting on a ruler work foot and using a straight ruler for ditch work. It's a lot faster and you don't have to keep pivoting the quilt! You don't need a long ruler; mine is about 7" long. I use the Westalee brand of quilting rulers and have been really happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...